Sunday, March 16, 2014

Nature is beauty, beauty is truth.


    

     Hello Lovelies!
     This past week has been crazy. The type of crazy that overwhelms you. I could easily count off a list of things on both hands that either stressed me out, upset me, or made me want to give up completely. When Friday rolled around I was ready to find some way to release my emotions. To cleanse my body. To clear my mind.
     My English teacher is very wise. He has not only taught me about the English language, literature, and composition, but he has also taught me about life by quoting authors, philosophers, scholars, and even giving his own two cents worth. Henry David Thoreau spent a year in seclusion, way off in the woods, living in a cabin he built, and surviving off of the food he planted in a garden. Thoreau believed that in order to understand life he had to escape society. He once said in his book, Walden: Or, Life in the Woods, "I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately". So, I took Thoreau's advice this weekend. I ventured into the woods in search of peace and understanding. And I think I found it.
     Here are some photographs to document my quest for truth.







     Stay Gold,
     Kayla


No comments:

Post a Comment