Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Sam Smith: In the Lonely Hour

     Hello Lovelies!
     I first discovered Sam Smith while randomly browsing on YouTube and stumbled across one of his first singles, Money On My Mind. After the first chorus dropped I was in love. Next I heard Stay With Me. And oh my goodness, guys. The feels. I was hooked. I knew when Smith's full album came out I would forever be a dedicated fan of this amazing artist. I just listened to the full deluxe album and I simply couldn't wait to tell you guys about it! In all seriousness, this album is absolutely brilliant!
     In today's music industry we hear the same songs over and over again and the charts are full of crazy party music that has practically no substance. The iTunes Top Singles right now include Problem (feat. Iggy Azalea) by Ariana Grande, Fancy (feat. Charlie XCX) by Iggy Azalea, Wiggle (feat. Snoop Dogg) by Jason Derulo, and Kiss Me Kiss Me by 5 Seconds of Summer at number one. It makes me question the taste of today's consumers and really makes me wonder where the true art of music has gone. 
     But In the Lonely Hour is a true breath of fresh air. Smith's album has restored my hope in the industry today. The combination of Smith's angelic voice, the soothing yet powerful music, and the touching lyrics create a truly beautiful album. This album holds top prize for diversity. One song is a deep ballad, the next a throwback, and the next with a gospel feel The whole time I was listening to the album I couldn't help but be moved by the music. My foot was tapping, and my body was covered with chills.
     Sam Smith has a talent that has yet to be matched in today's music industry. I have a feeling there is more greatness to come. I encourage you listen to In the Lonely Hour and appreciate the art of music that has been restored within it's tracks. Let me know what you think of Smith and his new album in the comments below. 
     Stay Gold,
     Kayla


No comments:

Post a Comment