Wednesday, May 28, 2014

In Her Honor: Maya Angelou

Hello Lovelies, 
I discovered the poem Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou when I was about 14 or 15 maybe. It really struck me as something important, something that was really supposed to make you feel something. And it did. Last year in my junior English class we did a brief study on Maya Angelou and read this poem also as my English teach was a big admirer of Ms. Angelou. During that time I also had the opportunity to go and see Ms Angelou speak since I live in the same area that she did. This was just a year ago. She spoke of women and race, determination, success, drive and ambition. It was something that I was glad I took advantage of the opportunity, especially now. She was truly a "phenomenal woman" and is one of my favorite authors and poets to this day. I was truly, truly saddened to hear about this loss. But in her honor, I wanted to share a couple quotes and encourage people to go and read her writings and poems if you haven't. They are truly remarkable and you will not regret it. 









All my love,
Hailey

(All pictures from Pinterest and Etsy)

No comments:

Post a Comment